Visualizing the Market in a Whole New Way
For hospital executives, strategic planners and other frontline decision makers, trying to understand the correlation between various sets of internal and market-related metrics can be a challenging proposition. Excel spreadsheets, demographic data and competitor profiles provide nothing more than silos of information, while geospatial information systems offer static representations of data.
INVISION Market Viewer™ – the cornerstone of VantagePoints’ strategy and planning products – transforms information trapped in static reports and documents into dynamic, interactive visualizations of a hospital or health systems’ market area.
Featuring more than 13 out-of-the-box map layers – including inpatient (or outpatient) market share, Medicare spend, physician office locations and lifestyle segmentation – INVISION brings together internal hospital data and the industry’s largest repository of healthcare-related intelligence to provide users with the ability quickly and easily visualize their service area. As a result, hospitals are able to:
- Actively assess market position
- Conduct peer-to-peer comparative analysis across product lines
- Improve risk assessment with value-based care metric layers
- Combat outmigration by identifying post-acute and other healthcare facilities
- Integrate population-based intelligence for ACO planning
- Develop targeted communications strategies by overlaying lifestyle segmentation metrics
Advanced capabilities further enable users to expand their ability to fully assess their market and/or service area. For example, users can upload raw files and simply drag and drop them into a customized ‘sandbox’, as well as generate custom demographic and psychographic reports for a selected area using INVISION’s BAO toolset.
Advanced Functionality for Specific Business Requirements
INVISION also provides added functionality and customization through optional components.
- Report Center: In-depth, detailed tabular reports combine data dashboards, standard reporting and query features in a single, easy-to-use web-based application.
- Flexible Reporting: Enables users to create customized analysis on-demand. Leveraging access to state databases and MedPar data, users can quickly and easily segment and report on a broad array of characteristics, including demographics, market share, patient origin, physician demand and projected volume