7 Ways Analytics Can Help Hospitals Gain Competitive Edge
Here are seven ways data and analytics can inform a hospital strategy and help it gain better footing in the competitive healthcare landscape.
- Understand the new healthcare reality.
- Understand hospital data and how it fits together.
- Understand your performance compared to others.
- Identify ways to improve through internal opportunities.
- TM Identify ways to improve through market dynamics.
- Understand the relationship between internal performance and market dynamics.
- Foster a culture of change.
In an August 29 webinar forTM Becker’s Hospital Review, Scott Goodspeed, DHA, FACHE, principal and vice president, stressed the need for hospitals to understand and analyze data in an integrated manner.
“Create an integrated data source so you have an internal perspective on clinical and functional benchmarking, and an external perspective on what’s going on in the marketplace,” said Mr. Goodspeed. “A lot of data are in silos, yet we need to see the interrelationships.” By integrating all the organizations data and using a platform that allows for visualization, hospital executives and consultants can now have a birds-eye view of all mission critical data.