Announcing 100 Top Healthstrong Hospitals
iVANTAGE HEALTH ANALYTICSTM® NAMES
TOP 100 STRONGEST U.S. HOSPITALS
Hospitals save local markets $1 billion on Medicare spending;
set new standards for $15 billion of population health savings under the Affordable Care Act.
(Portland ME, Boston MA, Nashville TN, July 31, 2013) iVantage Health Analytics today released the 2013 HealthStrongTM Hospital Study naming the top performing hospitals in the United States according to the Hospital Strength IndexTM. HealthStrong hospitals represent the nation’s strongest institutions for performance under the new healthcare and set benchmarks for: optimal population demand, operational and clinical outcomes, and financial performance.
Also available for download:
Major new findings about the nation’s strongest hospitals reveal:
- Medicare saves nearly $1 billion annually in Top 100 HealthStrong hospital markets for inpatient and outpatient utilization,
- Medicare would save an additional $15 billion per year if all U.S. markets performed similar to the Top 100 Hospital market populations,
- Populations are healthier in Top 100 HealthStrong primary markets when measured by State,
- Costs per Medicare beneficiary are lower for hospital inpatient and outpatient services in markets served by Top 100 HealthStrong hospitals,
- Patient safety and clinical outcomes are better in Top 100 HealthStrong hospitals,
- Financial performance is stronger and related to better patient outcomes and lower consumer costs,
- Diffuse competition correlates with strong overall Index performance, and
- Teaching hospitals show strong performance overall.
The Top 100 Hospital Study sheds new, multi-dimensional light on the characteristics of the Top 100 performing providers and their population health.
“iVantage seeks to help hospitals achieve their mission by conducting this type of research,” said John Morrow, Executive Vice President of iVantage Health Analytics, Inc. “The Index and analyses reveal that geographic variation, population health and superior performance are interrelated, and that they can result in lower cost, better outcomes and healthier communities nationwide. The savings to the Medicare program alone are impressive and worthy of recognition by the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Innovation.”
The Hospital Strength IndexTM, a national ratings and analytics program developed by iVantage Health AnalyticsTM®, ranks all 4,400+ U.S. general acute care hospitals. The Index is based on eight performance pillars comprised of 56 different performance metrics. The Index offers hospital executives, trustees and boards of directors an objective way to measure their hospital’s relative performance internally, among their peers and in their population.
About iVantage Health AnalyticsTM®
iVantage Health Analytics is a privately held healthcare business intelligence and technology company serving more than 500 hospitals across the United States. The company provides business intelligence solutions by integrating disparate market, clinical, operational, and financial data into a single, enterprise-wide platform to support executive level decision-making. For more information, visit www.iVantageHealth.com.
Director of Marketing
For more details about iVantage Health Analytics or the Hospital Strength Index or to schedule an interview, please call Amy Weickert, Director of Marketing, at 207-518-6700, or e-mail aweickert@iVantageHealth.com